Ingredients:Now I want to try experimenting with other natural sweeteners, as well as cocoa powder, etc... and see if I can't figure out a healthy/sugar-free chocolate cake for next year!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup
vegetable oilcoconut oil!
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a large bowl, stir together the honey, buttermilk, eggs, oil and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture, and stir until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Stir in the carrot, pineapple, and walnuts by hand. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
- To make the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting... mix together 2 (8 ounce) packages of softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup of honey and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until smooth and well blended. Spread over the cooled cake.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Recipe for KB's b-day cake....
After mentioning that my mom made KB's birthday cakes completely sugar-free (except for the icing on the one - that was sugar).... I have had a few people ask me for the recipe. So, here it is. It's called Honey Carrot Cake and it's sweetened with honey and pineapple (recipe found on Allrecipes.com). It was very moist & delicious - perfect for what we were looking for! Enjoy!!