Cook Time: Approx 45 mins -- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups dried brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut in 1/2-inch dice
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and bay leaf.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add 7 cups of water and lentils. Bring to a boil,
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes. A
- Add swt potatoes and continue to cook, covered, until lentils and potato are just tender,
- (about 15 minutes.)
- Add green beans and tomatoes with juice.
- Cook until warmed through, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Add cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yogurt.