Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Johnny Appleseed Song

Tonight I was watching clips from some old (like 1940's & 50's old) Disney movies... reminiscing childhood memories (we had Disney channel when I was young - and it was still pretty innocent - so I have fond memories)... when I came across this "Johnny Appleseed Song"...



Lyrics:
The Lord is good to me
And so I thank the lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun and rain and an appleseed
Yes, He's been good to me

I owe the Lord so much
For everything I see
I'm certain if it weren't for Him
There'd be no apples on this limb
He's been good to me

Oh, here am I 'neath the blue, blue sky
a-doin' as I please
Singin' with my feathered friends,
hummin' with the bees

I wake up every day
as happy as can be
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there
Oh, the Lord is good to me

I wake up every day
As happy as can be,
Beacuse I know the Lord is there
Watchin' over all my friends and me
The Lord is good to me.
("The Lord is Good to Me" from the 1948 film, "Melody Time")"


What a blessing that song was to me!! - You would NEVER hear those words on a Disney film in these days!! It really is sad!! It would probably have 'ol Walt turning in his grave if he knew how his name was being connected to/slandered, with some of the filth the Disney company is promoting!!

No comments: