Monday, October 6, 2008

The Simple Women's Daybook


For Today... October 06, 2008

Outside my Window...
It's warm, partly-cloudy, and breezy.... there are diapers hanging on the line, and the dog is out, running & frolicking... trying to work off some of that perpetual energy.

I am thinking...
I really shouldn't have slept in so late... yet I am still soooo tired!

I am thankful for... The opportunity to have a weekend away as a family.

From the kitchen...
Stovetop Bratwurst Dinner... at some point, I need to make a pie for Country Harvest Day this weekend.... and I love to make some wheat bread!!

I am wearing... Knee length jean skirt, teal t-shirt, barefeet, no makeup, hair thrown back into a messy bun.

I am reading...
I have plenty of books on my "want to read" list... but it never seems like I have time to read them. I did restart Gaining Favor with God & Man on our way up to Disney.

I am hoping/praying... that Danielle's 1st baby appt goes well today... and Amanda's [gender] ultrasound goes well on Friday.

I am creating...
Some flash cards for music class on Wednesday... and I am still working on KB's rag doll. Yeah, I kinda stalled in the creation, but plan on picking it up and ideally finishing it sometime this week!

I am hearing...
The deep breathing of KB sleeping on my lap...

it was a busy weekend for such a little person!


Around the house...
needs some picking up & organizing... dishwasher needs to be unloaded & loaded again... bags need to be unpacked from the weekend... and several loads of towels that need to be strategically washed & hung on the line to dry.

One of my favorite things...
the warmth & comfort of a sweet baby sleeping in my arms.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Finishing sorting through the pictures from Disney & get them posted in my gallery... Get the house organized/back in order/ready to start watching Zoe... prepare & teach music class for LEARN (Weds afternoon).... LaLeche League Group (Thurs morning).... DH work convention (Fri/Sat).... Country Harvest Day at church (all day Sunday).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

We have been blessed to have my DH [working from] home for most of last week & a good part of today!

No comments: