Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Women's Daybook


For Today... October 13, 2008

Outside my Window...
It's raining... I love it when it rains... it gives me warmfuzzies... but also makes me sleepy....

I am thinking...
how much she loves the look of the Edwardian Aprons, like they wear on Avonlea... and wonder how hard they would be to make. - They are just so pretty, and practical...

I am thankful for... Not only the Lord's providing for our needs... but also blessing us with a few "wants" as well. ~~~
All things working together for good to them that love (& trust) God!!

From the kitchen...
Saturday I made a Peanut butter/chocolate chip cream pie, which won first place at our church's Country Harvest Day pie bakeoff! ~ For dinner yesterday, I made mexican chicken... very simple & tasty! ~ For lunch I am having homemade hummus... and tonight we are having, Shepard's Pie.. Yum!

I am wearing... ahem... I just got out of the shower.... :blush: -- bare feet... definitely bare feet!! ;-)

I am reading...
my script for the church Christmas play - I have a fairly sizeable part, and have to have the lines fairly well memorized by next Sun! (ahh!!)

I am hoping/praying... joy can be found in the midst of disappointment...

I am creating...
ideas on how to best portray my part in the play...

I am hearing...
The rain softly come down against the windows... I love that sound!

Around the house...
In my living room is a self-rigged "clothes rack", with an amazing amount of baby clothes to go the consignment shop. The kitchen is fairly clean.... except for the Cheerios that KB just strew across the kitchen & family room floors! LOL... oh well. I just finished gathering the rest of the laundry from around the house, and need to get it chugging along - which takes time since our dryer is still out... (my clothes line is only so big, and now it's raining!- ah!). I also need to vacuum the carpets... but may wait until right before the meeting on Weds. so they look still nice.

One of my favorite things... blogging! I love being able to share my thoughts & passions in print. (which is funny, because I really despise any other form of writing.. lol!)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Figure out what to do with above said clothes rack, before I host the LaLeche League enrichment meeting (Weds)... I also need to call the consignment shop & see if they are taking consignments.... and check with my MIL's schedule, and then call the chiropractor & see if I can get KB & I an appointment soon. (it's been way too long!). We have a babywearing group (Thurs morning)... and another playtime with Zoe (Sat). I am also hoping to hit the Produce stand sometime Saturday, before James' Bon Voyage Party, Saturday night. Then Sunday, we have our regular sabbath day... including church services, choir practice & Cristmas program practice.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Some Sunny Sunday afternoon fun...






1 comment:

Debi said...

Hey you!!! Long time no real see. I am so glad to see that you are blogging. KB is getting so big. I will be posting new pix here soon.
If you read my blog you'll see that I am without my laptop. Power cords have been shipped, sadly they are coming USPS. Oh well they should be here by the end of the week.
Miss you a ton, praying that we can slip down there maybe sometime next month to say HEY!!! We'll see and I certainly wouldn't go holding your breathe.
Anyway off to finish the cleaning I've been trying to do all day.
Love,
Aunt Debi