Today was B's first day with the new job!! Since I knew he wasn't going to be home until late... and probably would have worked up a pretty big appetite... I wanted to make something filling & comforting for dinner. The decision? This super easy, and very delicious Crockpot Chili... Garlic Cheddar Biscuits... a salad... and sweet tea! Yum!
- 2 cans of Kidney beans
- 1/2 -3/4 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1 cup of onion (I used minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (approx 18 oz)
- 1 can (approx 10 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cubes beef bullion
- 4 tsp Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- generous pinch of pepper
- Brown beef in a skillet, along with onion & garlic - pour into crockpot
- Rinse and drain beans - add
- Mix in the diced tomatoes & the stewed tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Tomato sauce, Water, & Spices - whisk until smooth.
- Add ;liquid mixture to the crockpot
- sprinkle with additional garlic, to taste.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
Note: You could also add raw vegetables to this recipe, if you wish...
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits...
Recipe coming soon...