Sunday, November 2, 2008

My new shirt! (and a rant)

Hot off the press.... isn't it awesome!?
I couldn't find anywhere to purchase one... so I created the logo on the computer... DH borrowed the shirt press from his old job... and we made one!! :-) I wore it with yesterday afternoon... and got a kick out of how *many* dirty looks I received from people! - LOL! whatever.

I also just made this design, which we are going to press on a shirt for KB...

This design idea was sparked from Obama's statement....

"...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby!."
Punished with a baby....? What in the world?! First of all.... if you really teach your children about true values & morals... that opinion, as well as the act of abortion would be wrong. period. end of story. Besides, what happened to taking responsibility for your actions... good, bad or otherwise?? I understand that, to many, having a a baby may not be convenient or "fit" into said person's life plans at that time. But what about the awesome gift of adoption? - allow the baby to be a blessing to a loving & longing couple? Why does a girl, who has already made some stupid choices in her own life... then get the selfish "right" to choose whether she's going to destroy or preserve another human's life? ~ It's her body, you say.... She should be able to do with it whatever she wants. So assuming you are also of the belief that the war is wrong, [one of the reasons being] because it's killing so many innocent civilians... you are telling me that dismembering a baby while its still alive.... poisoning it with salt or chemicals... tricking your body to believe it's not really pregnant, causing it to miscarry... or (even worse) allowing a baby to be born, only to leave it to suffer & die are all humane acts? As long as it's in the name of choice.... it's ok to do away with Millions of lives every year and not even think twice about it? Personally, I believe there can be reasonable arguments on both sides the Iraq war issue.... but I have no hesitations to say - in the war against the unborn in the womb - there are no reasonable arguments on the side of killing babies... only fear, lack of responsibility, greed/selfishness, sick convenience, & pride! That's why the Bible calls it the shedding of "innocent" blood - the one being punished didn't do anything wrong. If a mother paid someone to butcher her 2 day-old infant because she no longer wants the responsibility, how much "compassion" would you have? So how is a child a few day or even a few months prior to birth, any different than the same child, a day after birth? No matter how you slice the bread... it's infanticide... it's disgusting... and it's wrong! Life is a gift, a blessing, a miracle... and "Location" shouldn't be a trump card of legal murder!!

Side note: For the record... the abortion issue isnt the only thing I base my vote off of... but it is an issue that is very important to me, therefore weighing very strongly in my decision of who I will vote for president. I will admit there are some things that I dislike about McCain too... but at this point, its voting for the lesser of two evils... and honestly Obama, with his communist morals & values, scare the living daylights out of me!

No comments: