Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas time in our home...

I have had the tree up & lit for weeks now.... but finally seized the opportunity, yesterday (i.e. energy/motivation) to finish decorating it, as well as the rest of our home, for Christmas! Just like last year, I didn't want to make a big fuss - pulling out all the ornaments & decorations - I wanted just a little bit of classy yet, simple [almost primitive] Christmas elegance. For the tree, I used plain, white/clear lights... the wooden stars I made last year... the sign Marmee gave me for Christmas... and my beautiful black, punched tin, star topper. Then I put just a few of our most treasured ornaments across the garland leading from the living room to the music room - which was already strung with white/clear twinkling lights. I hung our stockings on the wall unit... my Grandma's santa figurine on the side table... my beloved Willow tree Nativity on another table (in the music room).... and lit my wonderful "Mistletoe" candle - filling the air with fresh, piney goodness!

Here's just a glimpse of what our home now looks like, at this wonderful time of year....

Hanging from the garland...
and my newest addition (given to me recently, by a dear lady in our church...

Other spots around the house...


Then later, B got home from work early.... and so we enjoyed some chips/salsa together, as we got caught up on one of the shows we like to download & watch...

No comments: