Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... December 09, 2008

Outside my Window... It's night... so it's dark... clear.. and chilly (58°)

I am remembering... Nearly two years ago... when we were just finding out that we were finally expecting! <3>

I am thankful for...
My family being able to be with us for so long!

I am thinking... I'm hungry! and I really need to get H & Bryce's pictures done!

I am wearing... White tank... Ashlee's brown skirt with green stripes (I love stealing...ahem, borrowing my sister's clothes...!)

I am reading... Mandie & Joe's Christmas Surprise (I picked it up in the church library)...

From the kitchen... Though it seems as if there is always someone hungry.. and some sort of food being made... there is nothing coming out of there at the moment. (besides the tasty eggnog I just consumed).. Wednesday, I have to make "Texas potatoes" for a Christmas party/dinner... Thursday we are making Mediterranean lasagna for dinner.... and sometime (before Sun evening), we need to make buckeyes for the fellowship (following the play)...


I am hoping/praying... B will find another job SOON! (his current one officially ended last week... though with the big rain storm we had last Saturday, he's been kept plenty busy doing repairs over the last two days!)

I am creating...

I am hearing... my sisters watching BONES.. Marmee & Boo discussing their next move on Spider Solitaire... KB sleeping on my lap...

One of my favorite things... Spending time with my sisters... trying on random clothes at the store... and being random.... all because it's fun!

Around the house... These days, and with this many people... there is always something to do! ~ In the words of Marmee... "unless we're going naked, there's always laundry to do..." ~ There is always someone who's hungry, wanting to eat... there are always dishes to be done... and always something to be cleaned up.... :-)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... We just got back from a random trip to the mall (where we saw our 'little brother' Matt!)... tomorrow morning we are going out to breakfast with our dad... and then Ash & Christina are getting picked up at 10am for the Ditchfield dress rehearsal. Marmee, Becca, KB and I are meeting friends at the park, for a picnic lunch. Wednesday, is Marmee's birthday... and I have to make "Texas potatoes" for our LEARN Christmas party that afternoon... Friday night, we are going to the "Ditchfield Family Singers" Concert (yay!)... Sunday, we have to go in early, to prepare for & put on a special breakfast for our Class-A [Sunday school] kids... then I have to play preludes with the orchestra(cello) before the morning service... then go to play practice... then we have a final run through in the afternoon... and then the big night (ahh!!).

Quote...
"Remember to always say what you mean.
If you love someone, tell them.
Don’t be afraid to express yourself.

Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.
Because when you decide that it is the right time,
it might be too later later.

Seize the day. Never have regrets.

And most importantly, stay close to your friends and family,
For they have helped make you the person that you are today."


Verse...
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. And she brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
I snapped this picture of Ryan at his Uncle Mark's 40th birthday last week...


No comments: