Friday, May 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... May 1, 2009

Outside my Window... warm, sunny & bright... with just a hint of a breeze.

I am remembering...

I am thankful for... the opportunity to meet my nephew, and have a wonderful visit with my family!

I am thinking... almost a quarter of a century.... wow!

I am wearing... Jean a-line skirt, blue patterned t shirt, barefeet (was flip-flops, when we went out, earlier), hair braided in two french braids met into a ponytail.

I am reading From the bookshelf... We just got back from the library!!

I got "Green Clean" by Hunter and Mikki Halpin, one of Elizabeth Pantley "No-Cry Solution" books, and a lullaby CD to preview for KB. ---- KB got...
­"Eating through the Alphabet" - a Lap [board] book (A beautiful book, with water-color-like illustrations depicting various kinds of fruits & veggies - common & uncommon - for each letter of the alphabet)
"Spot Goes to the Farm" & "Spot Big Book of Words"
And two "Nutbrown hair books" (ie the bunny from "Guess How much I Love You").... "Colors Everywhere" and "When I'm Big" by Sam McBratney

From the kitchen...
Wednesday we had grilled Chicken, and brown rice with beans & sour cream... and yesterday was Grilled Salmon, with brown rice and green beans. Today, I think we'll do hamburgers or meatloaf... and tomorrow we are going to Disney for the day! - On the menu: brown rice/beans/veggies.... hummus/corn chips... carrots/ranch dip... granola bars.... apples.... grapes... & tuna with whole wheat (rye, for KB) crackers!
(the goal is to not have to buy anything - except maybe a birthday treat... ;-)

I am hoping/praying...

I am creating... ideas for KB's birthday presents.... I now have two crafty ideas!

I am hearing... Hubby's phone receiving text msgs... music playing on Pandora.... KB playing be

One of my favorite things...

Around the house... Just started a "game-plan" for Disney, tomorrow so we can go grocery shopping -- Did dishes, cleaned up the kitchen & made coffee. Need to sweep & mop the floor -- Currently doing a load of diapers. Once those are done, I'll need to hang them on the line, and do some clothes & towel laundry. -- Also would be nice to vacuum... though not important before we go, tomorrow.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Wednesday was the Master Club Pinewood Derby. Yesterday, we went to Keva Juice (free birthday smoothie... yes!), the Library, and Fed-ex to mail a package. Last night we had date night! (yay!).... a night in, with bogo b-day Blizzards. (Mmm!) Today I am doing stuff around the house.... getting ready to Disney for the day, tomorrow - just the three of us!! :-) Sunday, I have choir (accompaniment) & special music practice in the morning... and choir practice and special music in the evening. We also have a friend's, one-year-old's birthday party.

Quote...


Verse...
"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.." Colossians 4:6

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I snagged this pic and set it as my desktop wallpaper. I love you the mostest! I miss you! Tell me what your crafty bday ideas are for KB so I know what to do. The garden looks like fun. PLEASE send me the pix so I can finish her CHRISTMAS present!!!!