Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Equinox...

Last Tuesday, September 22nd (at 5:19 am ET, to be exact)... my favorite season officially began... FALL! However, I am a beginning to think that maybe our small, southern-part of the northern hemisphere, somehow missed the equinoctial memo.... ? With temps ranging the upper 90's... this sweltering heat is certainly not feeling like the Fall I remember from our visits up north! ~ Thankfully, I have come to learn over the years, that Fall is about much more than glorious, crisp, cool weather, the change of outdoor color or the bonfires I adore.... with all the beautiful sights/colors (there are hints, everywhere you turn), smells, tastes (pumpkin!), and delights of the season... it's all around... Fall is here!!

:: A few of my favorite things ::
  • :: my fall themed wallpaper of crisp, colorful fall leaves...


  • :: my sisters *delicious* Harvest stew - a creamy beef soup, with a blend of a variety of Fall squash, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, & veggies... all pulled together with a spicy hint of nutmeg... Mmm!

  • :: the idea of the weather turning cooler (eventually...)

  • :: the treat of Pumpkin Spice creamer in my morning coffee...


  • :: the beautiful colors of Fall harvest, in the grocery's produce department

  • :: the smell of cinnamon brooms & other yummy, spicy autumn scents

  • :: the gorgeous, sweet apples!

  • :: the apple pie I want to make ...

  • :: date nights - sharing the first sips of one my favorite seasonal drinks....

  • :: Starbucks - the true Pumpkin Spice Latte...


  • :: the chicken pot pie we're having for dinner....
  • :: the pumpkin pie I am contemplating making for dessert tonight...

  • :: the smell of the spicy warmth of autumn leaves, cinnamon, apples, and vanilla in these wonderful Fall scented candles...
    • Cachet's Cinnamon Vanilla...





    • Yankee's Autumn Wreath™ candle!

  • :: the upcoming Fire Department open house (tradition!)

  • :: knowing Thanksgiving is around the corner - when I'll get to see my family again!

  • :: I Love Fall! ::

No comments: