Friday, March 12, 2010

Mensiversary....

We realized at dinner tonight, that yesterday was our 59th wedding mensiversary!! <3
(and they day before, was KB's 31st [birthday] mensiversary!!) -  LoL!



Ok, so before you think I have totally gone and lost my mind... I assure you, that I have not.  Nor am I making up another one of my random word/phrases. (heehee)  If you were to look up the word "mensiversary", you may be surprised to find that it is indeed as very real word... just one that is not widely known let alone used.  (though it should!!)

So what exactly is a mensiversary, you ask?

Here's an except from Wiki:
An anniversary (from the Latin anniversarius, from the words for year and to turn, meaning (re)turning yearly; known in English since c. 1230) is a day that commemorates and/or celebrates a past event that occurred on the same day of the year as the initial event. -- For monthly recurrences, one might say mensiversary, from the Latin word mensis, for month, and versus, meaning to (re)turn
Heehee.... :-)   Learn something new every day, no?  So next time, instead of saying "my X-month anniversary" you can sound oh so very intellegent, by using the proper word...  mensiversary. ;-)

Happy mensiversary, to my Handsome!! :)  Can't believe in one more month, we will have been married a whole 5 years! - Amazing!!  I love you!

No comments: