Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thirty Days of Thanx :: Day 7

Today I am thankful for my monthly cycle... 
 
I know this probably sounds pretty weird. -- Most women grumble and complain about that lovely (all sarcasm intended) monthly visitor... but yet here I am saying I am thankful?!  Yup, that's right.

So, lest you think I have lost my mind - which I assure I have not. - let me explain.  If you have ever spent any length of time TTC, you know all too well, just how great the [physical & emotional] pain, disappointment, sadness and even defeat can be, with each passing cycle. But even though the road is rough & rugged... ever winding, and seemingly never ending.... with the Lord, there can always be found  hope, grace, & faith.

So just what is it, that I am thankful for?
  • I am thankful that - despite the hardship & heartache - I have a monthly indication that my body continues to work the way it was created - hopefully to one day soon, conceive a new & precious life.
   "Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again" 
  • I am thankful for God's grace, and power to heal even the deepest wounds.
  • I am thankful that I have had this time to focus on my body -  making sure it was healthy and strong before needing to sustain another life within me.
  • I am thankful that each cycle gives me  one more month, to spend exclusively with the precious gift already bestowed upon our family. (a time that can never be replaced!). 
  • And, most of all, I am thankful for he great reminder it brings... that even though I might have thought I had the perfect timeline & the best laid out plans for my life....   I am not the one making the decisions - God is. And though it's hard to understand (and accept) the reason things happen the way they do.... I need to trust the Lord. ~ Afterall, His plans are far more perfect than any I could ever arrange for myself!!  
So even though the cramps are painful and the blahs are rough....  there is still so much to be thankful for!! 
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. or as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.    ~ Isaiah 55:8-9