Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... November 11, 2008 (KB's 15 month birthday!)

Outside my Window... It's a clear, sunny, beautiful day in [earthy] paradise (there's a warmth to the air, yet it's not hot. - very comfortable!)

I am remembering... - How so very little KB was last year at the missions conference... as I also marched in with the Bolivian Flag (odd coincidence, as a fill-in, I ended up being assigned the same flag two years in a row).. only with her so very tiny, snuggled into the front carrier!

I am thankful for... The willingness of church family/friends to help out when needed!

I am thinking... I can't wait for Thanksgiving (and everyone coming down for it) to arrive!!

I am wearing... Pink polo, white skirt (with pink & lime green flowers/embroidery).. barefeet (though I was wearing brown sandals a bit ago)... silver chain with diuble hearts charm back in place around my neck... makeup applied... hair pulled loosely back in a clip.

I am reading... my script for the church Christmas play (almost there ! - still working through the big section, though)... various pages of music (two offertories, & two special musics down... two more of each, to go! ~ I also need to get working on a Christmas piece!)... the little devotional booklet my Marmee sent me.

From the kitchen... We had lunch out (at church) today, and dinner will be Chick-fil-A. Sometime tomrrow, we have to get/assemble the stuff for a Greek Salad. Either tomorrow for lunch, or Thursday for dinner, we will have the leftover Sausage Casserole that I made for dinner on Monday night. I also want to make some more pumpkin bread at some point.

I am praying... as to what the Lord would have us to trust in him for our Faith Promise this year. ~ I have also decided to start praying for a new vehicle - as ours is old & wearing out!

I am creating... I am always creating photos! The other day, I took some of Zoe for her mommy's birthday!
We also recently created a play house for KB, out of a 3ft squared box that B brought home from work!!
I am hearing... KB sleeping in my lap..

One of my favorite things... A marvelous cup of iced coffee... a sweet, snugly baby on my lap... and a fantabulous convo with a good friend.


Around the house... Dishes are being run through the dishwasher - the kitchen floor is in need of a good scrubbing - Laundry seems to be never ending..though I have two loads floating around here, that need to be folded. - Family room needs to be picked up of all KB's toys (which her daddy actually dumped on the floor, in order to use her crate! for something) - And at some point, I am going to need to straighten up front bedroom, and prepare it for my mom & sister's arrival (18 days!)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... We're having our Missions Conference this week (Sun - Weds)... with that was a luncheon today... a service tonight (where I will bear the flag of Bolivia in the nightly march of flags)... and then an international dinner/service tomorrow night (for which we volunteered to bring a Greek salad!). ~ At some point we need to go grocery shopping to get the ingredients for the salad. ~ DH is still working a lot... but thankfully had Sunday off, was able to get off in time last night for the meeting, and (I think) is off tomorrow, as well! ~ Tomorrow I will be watching Zoe for a good part of the day. ~ Thursday, I have a LaLeche League Meeting. And (depending on B's schedule) we hope to be able to visit Hope Children's Home with the church group, on Saturday afternoon.

Quote...
“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” - John Wooden

Verse...

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." ~ Acts 20:24


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
At the wedding we attended last Saturday (at the beach). The dress she's wearing is actually her "flower girl" dress she wore last year in my sister's wedding!
<

No comments: