Monday, December 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... December 22, 2008 (three days before Christmas!)

Outside my Window... It's getting chillier by the moment! (mid 50's and dropping) - I also see some smoke off in the distance (brush fire) - and two crazy dogs, that think they want to come inside.

I am remembering... putting up Christmas decorations last year..

I am thinking...
I wonder what this Christmas will hold?

I am wearing... Royal Blue tank... black skirt with sequin detail... barefeet... hair pulled back in a clip & then a messy bun... bangs clipped back out of my face. (I might need to go put a sweater on, if it gets too much colder!)

I am reading... Nothing... I just finished the book I was currently working on.

From the kitchen... It's all cleaned up! (except for the floor - I need to buy a new mop!!) Spent much of the afternoon doing a much needed deep clean. Then made Ziti for lunch (something filling, since B will be working late)

I am creating... I just finished creating a beautiful Christmas atmosphere around the house...

I am hearing... The dogs while outside... KB playing with random objects around me.

One of my favorite things...
My Willow Tree Nativity...
Around the house... I [finally - it only took me several weeks of working on it here & there] finished putting all my Christmas decorations up... it looks SO pretty!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Need to buy some Coca-Cola... so I can finished my bartering deal, and get B's Christmas present! (heehee) -- James flies in tonight, so hopefully we'll get to see him sometime while he's here! -- Wednesday night we have a Christmas Eve Service at Church, during which I have to work in the nursery -- Thursday is Christmas, and [honestly] I don't know what all is planned -- Thursday night we are going over to Nouna's house for Joy's Birthday! -- Sunday I have Special Music in the morning.. and offertory in the evening.. there is also a Chalk Artist guy coming for the Evening Service! -- Meanwhile, I am sure B is going to continue to have to work late nights, to keep the lights maintained and the rich folk happy!

Quote...
"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
-
Dr. Seuss


Verse...

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." - Matthew 1:21


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
At the TnT (youth group) Christmas party...

she didn't feel good, can you tell? :-(

No comments: