Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SImple Woman's Daybook



For Today... December 30, 2008 (almost the end of 2008)

Outside my Window... a beautiful, sunny day! - perfect for taking pictures!!

I am remembering... back through everything this year has held... and what a year it's been!

I am thinking...
how true this [lyrical] line is: "everything will change, but love remains the same..."

I am wearing... white tank, under orange striped shirt... knee length jean skirt... Old Navy flip flops... hair & makeup done..

From the kitchen... Just made some soup for lunch... we're having dinner at the DeVeaus house, tonight. - tomorrow, pizza at church - Thursday, we need to make mashed potatoes for dinner at Nouna's.... and if I have leftovers, I think I'll make shepherd's pie on Friday!!

I am creating... Getting ready to create engagement photos for Vanessa & Chris!! <3

I am hearing... Music playing from Pandora...

One of my favorite things... spending time with longtime friends!! ::warm fuzzies::

Around the house... Need to do laundry, and scrub bathroom... and there are always a few KB toys to pick up... but for the most part, it doesn't look half bad...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Like I mentioned before, I have an Engagement session with Vanessa & Chris this afternoon, followed by dinner at the DeVeaus' house --- Tomorrow evening we have a New Years Eve Service, where I have to play for one of the special musics of the night. B will also be giving one of the eight [preaching] challenges during the service!! Then, following the service I think a few families are staying around for Pizza & Wii --- Thursday, we have dinner at Nouna's -- I would also like to drop off some "recovery" flowers to Mrs. M, who is having hand surgery on Weds afternoon --- Nora/Steve & JAmes (as well as Vanessa/Chris) leave to head back home, on Friday... so I am also hoping to see each of them, one more time before they leave!! --- B starts take-down with Trimmers on Friday afternoon. --- We're supposed to have a 4-H meeting on Sat, but with B working, I don't think I'll go. --- I think I have offertory on Sunday, again.

Quote...
"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.." - You've Got Mail

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
A shirt I got for Christmas...

No comments: