Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... January 07, 2009 (Happy New Year!!)

Outside my Window... Wet sheets, forgotten on the clothes line -- I forgot they were out there, then it was rainy all this morning, and then just overcast the rest of the day... so they never really had a chance to properly dry....

I am remembering...
My friend Samantha posted pictures of her daughter in a certain dress, and it reminded me of pictures we have, of KB wearing a dress exactly like it, when she was just 6 weeks old.. time is flying SO fast!

Katie:


KB :


I am thankful for... B's many hours of work this week - even despite not getting to see him much...

I am thinking... if only people would listen to their instinct instead of propaganda...

I am wearing... I was just wearing my TnT shirt, jean skirt, black clogs, makeup, hair back in a clip.... but just changed into blue gym shorts, a pink tank top, barefeet (hair & makeup still in place for now!)

I am reading... The first Trixie Belden book - someone gave my the first few, and I've heard they're good... so I decided to see for myself. Not a hard read, but entertaining, nonetheless! :)

From the kitchen... Currently, the last of the pumpkin muffins are the oven. -- I suddenly realized at about 5:20 this evening, that Mr. John we going to be picking us up in about an hour, and I didn't have *anything* for KB for snack tonight (unfortunately, she has to go in the nursery on Weds nights, and their snacks are sugar-laid, and unacceptable) - So I quickly threw together some whole wheat pumpkin muffins, and thankfully was able to get some of them baked in time to leave1

I also made a bean & pasta salad dish for lunch/dinner.

I am hoping/praying... For daily patience, creativity & wisdom, in raising up our daughter in the way she should go!

I am creating... Post session editing (color correction, etc.) on Vanessa & Chris' engagement photos!! <3

I am hearing... absolutely nothing.... :)

One of my favorite things...

Around the house... Need to buy some more laundry soap, so I can finish the laundry... need to scrub the bathroom... need to run the vaccum in the living room.... need to tidy up KB's room, and finish sorting through clothes.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Tomorrow morning we have a LaLeche league meeting, which Samantha is going to come get us for... other than that, there's not much going on. B is working a LOT. Regular church schedule on Sunday. I have choir, and I think I may also have offertory....

Quote...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world!!" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Verse...

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
KB is really starting to try to talk, lately, and it's so much fun the hear her attempts at saying various words, and names...
(Marmee: "MwahMwah" - Papou: "Pawpa" - Grandma: "Mamaw" - David "Da-did" - Nouna" "Nahnah" - Dog: "Dah".... and this her, the other night, with her with her Autie "Doh" (aka Joy)...




No comments: