Sunday, February 15, 2009

Simple woman's daybook



For Today... February 15, 2009 (day after Valentines)

Outside my Window... KB's diapers on the line.... the dogs enjoying the sunshine... the lemon tree, just calling for me to come pick more lemons to juice!

I am remembering...

I am thankful for... Health. Generally, we are very healthy, and hardly ever get sick... that's why this bout has been so strange!

I am thinking... maybe part of KB's deal this weekend is teeth (she just broke through her bottom left molar, and is now working on getting the one on the right)... and part of mine is the start of a UTI (ugh!).

I am wearing... I was wearing my black cami, plaid pj pants, & socks with hair down.... but I just got out of the shower, and am now in just my unders, a white cami, barefeet & my hair in a messy bun.

I am reading.. Devil Wears Prada - it's only o.k.

From the kitchen... currently, just coffee!! (Mmm!!). The other day, I attempted to make pancakes out of oat flour instead of wheat. They turned out pretty good! ~ I also made KB a pizza alternative, by cooking up some wheat-free noodles, and mixing them with tomato sauce, cheese & turkey pepperonis... she LOVED it! ~ Some time this week, I'd like to make figure out how to adapt my sour cream chicken recipe, so it's wheat free.

I am hoping/praying... B's call back interview goes well on Tues (with the condo, doing a night shift/security job)... AND even more, that he gets his test materials for the Post Office job, soon, so he can go in for that! (which would be decent pay, & benefits!)

I am creating... I am hoping to get some old crayons soon, so I can make KB some toddler crayons. ~ I am also [finally] attempting to finish her rag doll, I started making ever so long ago.

I am hearing... Music playing on Pandora... the keys of the keyboard, as I type... KB breathing heavily on my lap... the dog snoring. (lol!)

One of my favorite things...

Around the house... With me being out sick all last week, and then again this weekend... very little [house wise] has been accomplished... :-( Wich means there is TONS of laundry to be done ( almost everything we own (including*all*my unders) seems to be dirty right now.).... and the house needs an good thorough pick-up & sweep of clutter control.

I also need to empty/load the dishwasher... put away the blessing food (more about that soon!)... and sweep/mop the kitchen floor.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Before Wednesday evening, I need to get a bunch of info-packets stuffed for Church. ~ We are going to Tampa tomorrow, to see about ordering my dress for Vanessa's wedding! (yay!) ~ Tuesday, B has his afore mentioned callback interview at the condo place. ~ Tuesday night, we have our reg. Chick-fil-A deal for dinner... and then we are going to Nouna's, for a game night with the Dagrins ~ Wednesday evening, is the normal church routine (youth group) ~ Thursday morning is Babywearing Group at Birthways ~ Saturday, looks like it's going to be insane.... as we are currently booked solid! There's a Church Blitz in the morning... a going away party for a friend (Tom, going into the Navy) from 2-6... B has paintball with the guys at 4... and then we have a youth activity at 6. I don't quite know how we're going to swing it.... ! ~ We are also hoping to get too see James for a little visit, while he is here in the state for the week (until Friday), on business!

Quote...
"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will too. Do you think it's possible?' -- Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables

Verse...
"I have set the Lord always before me...Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth:..." Psalm 16:8

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The other morning.... Sitting at the table like a big girl, eating her breakfast (made by daddy, of course! <3) style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 450px;" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UFXhqlteTRk/SZpjZqC8oCI/AAAAAAAASvk/EclqU26ALKE/s800/IMG_6377.JPG" alt="" border="0">

No comments: