Friday, June 12, 2009

Do you know what you're signing?

This was way too good to pass up! ~
Copied from my sister's Facebook...
.


This a VERY good article on the consent to epidurals/pain medications during labor! I strongly advise that it be read in it's entirety!

Consent for Anesthesia: Do you know what you're signing?
http://nursingbirth.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/consent-for-anesthesia-do-you-know-what-you-are-signing/

The main point of it is this...DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Don't just take someone else's word for anything...The decisions you make, should be YOUR decisions, based off your own research, and what you find to be the best for you and your baby! When you sign something, Please make sure you know what your signing!...And one last thing...Please DON'T wait until you're in labor to try to become informed, in order to decide what's best!
Nae, thank you for speaking up and sharing issues you are passionate about.  BE is so lucky to have you as his mommy. Keep fighting the good fight! I love you!!


1 comment:

NursingBirth said...

Thank you so much for the link to my site. I wish every mom could read a real anesthesia consent before going to the hospital! I really appreciate you spreading the word and I hope you know that YOU ROCK for encouraging other moms to do their own research!!! Thanks again!

~Melissa
www.nursingbirth.com