We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Accomplishments/ Goals kept
- Become more conscious about reading labels and choosing carefully what we consume both in and on our bodies.
- Bought Kamut, and started grinding for baking - including baking all our bread!!
- Paid off our credit card!!! (all the debt we had accumulated from B's first bout of unemployment!!)
- Successfully night-weaned (ok, so while this wasn't exactly a goal for the year... it was definitely something I expected to have happen. Of course, wanting it to be mostly led by KB... I didn't know when exactly it was going to happen... Just something in my heart knew it would... and it did. Gently, uneventfully, and pretty much as naturally as it should).
- Be aware of my emotions & feelings, and work on using them for good rather than negative... and accept, admit & apologize when
- always remembering what it is like to be small and full of wonder.
- Get her on a little more of a schedule
- Increase outside time
- kind, noble empathetic, trustworthy, a good friend...
- Continue weekly date nights
- Start a daily devotion together - as a family
- Move by the end of the year. - possibly purchase first home!!
- Cherish every moment we have, growing as a family - don't let outside "activities" steal away our joy.
- Limit credit cards transactions, to amounts which can be paid off monthly (or bi-monthly at most)