Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflections and Goals for 2010


Goals I accomplished/kept:
  • I am meal planning much more consistently
  • Thanks to the discovery of allergies (wheat, dairy, sugar), it jump started us into eating much healthier - I now make almost everything from scratch - and our cupboard has been purged of pretty much all processed foods!
  • I have begun buying more organic, as the budget allows - at least for the important stuff (ie, leafy greens, carrots, peanut butter, etc)
  • I have purged a good majority of plastics from the kitchen (& home), and replaced them with either stainless steal, glass, or wood....   
  • I have switched KB & myself (and all household products, including laundry soap) to non-toxic/natural products.... 

  • I bought some Essential oils, and have begin using them
  • I finally got my SuperMom vitamins, and are taking them
  • I have only had a handful of sodas (resolution: cut back to very few, if any)
  • I have become much more conscious about what is going into our mouths/bodies (label Nazi! :)
  • We have set up and have been implementing a weekly date night! <3
Ones I did NOT accomplish
  • getting into a daily exercise routine
  • getting into a routine of having a regular, daily devotion
  • reading some of the books I wanted. 

  • Lead at least dozen souls to Christ
* These will be have to be revived & added to next year... 

 Goals for 2010.... 

Personal:
  • getting into a daily exercise routine (hopefully getting WiiFit soon!!)
  • getting into a routine of having a regular, daily devotion
  • Learn more about Essential oils / put into practice (get book from beeyoutiful)
  • Remember to take my SuperMom vitamins & other supplements, every day
  • Make more friends - Make conscious effort to connect with others around me
  • Try to be more understanding, rather than critical  (this even applies to those who choose following blindly/oblivion, over education/intellect/instinct... hmph!) 
  • Listen - don't be so quick to speak/interrupt... (esp of my husband)
  • Trust more freely.... esp myself. 
  • Make more friends - Make conscious effort to connect with others around me
  • Be bolder about my wittness.
  • Leave a tract at each table, in every restaurant we dine.
  • Get to bed by 1am - wake up by 9am
Start and/or actually finish some of the following books: 
  • Nourishing Traditions 
  • Created to be His Helpmeet (Will be doing this as a Bible study with some CP ladies)
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God
  • Power of Praying Wife
  • Becoming the Woman of His Dreams (finish)
  • For Women Only (finish)
  •  Do You Mind if Your Kids Don't?
  • Just Friends (finish)
  • Diaper Free
  • Diaper Free Baby
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor 
  • Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves
  • 5 Love Languages for Children
  • Families Where Grace Is in Place
  • Graced-Based Parenting (finish)
  • The Continuum Concept
  • Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Birth
Homemaking:
  • Buy Kamut grain/ start grinding & baking our own bread, etc.
  • Learn more about sprouting & implement into our diet
  • Begin making yogurt.
  • Revamp the old housekeeping schedule, and get back to it
  • Keep on top of laundry - keep house picked up/uncluttered/simple. 
  • Find & try more [healthy] recipes! 
  • Find a local egg source.
Couple/Family: 
  • Continue weekly date nights
  • Start a daily devotion together - as a family
  • Get KB on a little more of a schedule

  • Pay off our credit card (goal: by April 2010)
  • Cherish every moment we have, growing as a family - don't let outside "activities" steal away our joy.
  • Get B & KB taking daily vitamins - Get him SuperDad & her SuperKids vitamins

  • Hope/Dream: At least be preggo by the end of the year! :)

No comments: