Ingredients:Note: If you are in a situation, like I was, where you only have a can of chicken broth, and not cream of chicken.... you can make your own... and it works!! Here's what you do:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
(I used Stove Top, Chicken flavored)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
(See below how to make this from chicken broth!)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
(I actually used white vinegar.)Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with chicken breasts. Spoon prepared stuffing mix over chicken. Mix the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, curry powder, and lemon juice. Pour mixture over top of stuffing.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, until chicken juices run clear.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Sour Cream Chicken and Stuffing
Once again, God provides! - Tonight we had Sour Cream Chicken and Stuffing for dinner (recipe found on AllRecipes.com)... and other than the salad... everything I needed to make it, was given to us. (yes, I even had the can of cream of celery. - lol!). It was SOO yummy!