Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... November 17, 2008 (Heather & Bryce's anniversary!)

Outside my Window... It's a cool 71° degrees... with crystal clear sunny skies! - it's another , beautiful day in [earthy] paradise!

I am remembering...
One year ago today...

I am thankful for...
Everything the Lord has done for our family over the last year.... and am *SO*thankful that we can all (including Bryce & Heather [& baby Bryce]) be together again, this Thanksgiving holiday!

I am thinking... Man, I need to get going... I have SO much to do before my mom & sisters get here this weekend!

I am wearing... Red t-shirt, Grey & red Aéropostale hoddie, jean skirt, socks (can you believe it? - I'm actually not barefoot for once!), heart necklace, hair pulled loosely back in a clip.

I am reading... my script for the church Christmas play (have to have it memorized by this Sunday - ah!l)... Music, music & more music.. the little devotional booklet Marmee sent me... and "Mandie and Joe's Christmas Surprise" (I checked it out from the church library)

From the kitchen... Hopefully, bread. - I'd like to make a regular (wheat) loaf, & a pumpkin loaf! ... or since I have some sweet potatoes, maybe I'll try this Sweet Potato Streusel Muffin recipe!! I would also love to try to make a neat-looking recipe I found, for English Muffins!

I am hoping/praying... God will give B another job, as this one comes to a finishes.

I am creating... I am getting ready to make these Turkey Placemats for Thanksgiving... all you need is a shoe to trace out the body.... and hand prints (I am going to use KB's hand), cut out from various colored construction paper for the tail feathers... kinda like this:

I am hearing... a lawn mower outside...KB playing.

One of my favorite things... Laying out in the sun, soaking up some good 'ol vitamin D (and hopefully clearing up my skin a bit, too!)

Around the house... LOTS! Gotta get ready for the family to come this weekend! Mainly I need to work on getting KB's room and the spare bedroom picked/cleaned up. I am trying to get all caught up on laundry (it's been a process, after being without the dryer for so long!)... I need to scrub the kitchen floor.... All the carpets need vacuuming... and the bathrooms are in need of a good scrubbing. It would also be nice to give the great room a good mopping, too!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Tonight we are going our for chocolate fondue with the in-laws, Ann, (Tom), & Mimi for Mimi's birthday! - Tomorrow, hopefully we can get to chick-fil-A for dinner (haven't been in *weeks!*)... Wednesday I have learn - where hopefully we can make some major progress on the bells!... Thursday there's a babywearing group... Saturday we have to go pick up our Turkey for Thanksgiving.... and sometime in there, I need to get the house all cleaned up... for when family to comes in, on Saturday!! Sunday afternoon, there is a birthday party for KB's friend Kalina... and Sunday night I have another offertory (5th in a row!)

Quote...
“It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.” - unknown

Verse...
"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.... Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings..." - Psalm 17:5,8

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Two more very *special* pictures from last year, Heather's wedding...



No comments: