Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Of thrift store & lemonade..

Whew! What a busy day!! My dad came by this morning, and asked if we wanted to go to Goodwill (his favorite!) to do a little shopping. Here are just a few goodies I found...

Two summer dresses for KB

Some adorable Gymboree clothes (for less than $3 a piece!)

(Don't you just love those colors???)
L to R: a skirt, a dress, and a jumper...


I also got an awesome [deep] stainless-steel mixing bowl, two skirts, two cami/tank tops, and a sun dres for me, and few books that looked interesting (Little Men, Devil Wears Prada, and Princess Diaries)... the glass pitcher & rose colored dress you'll see in the later pix of this post... and this *adorable* dress (that I so wish was big enough to fit me!!) for my sister, Becca...


Then, after the shopping & a delicious & filling meal of
soup, salad & bread sticks at Olive Garden (Yum!!!)....

We headed home, to get back to preparing more lemons for the freezer...






And of course, we couldn't resist making just one batch of fresh lemonade!!
(in the Goodwill find I'm probably most excited about.... my glass pitcher!! ~
which is a kitchen item I have been wanting for a long time!! yay!!!
and this pitcher is SO beautiful, too! Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do the detail on it a bit of justice... )


1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love the cute girl dresses, I need to restock Kate's dresses. I think it is neat that you made lemon popsicles... neat pitcher, save me some lemonade.