Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm dreaming of a felted Christmas....

I am SOOOO excited!!!  We hit the After-Christmas (75% off) section of target the other night... and along with getting various rollls of wrapping paper, for less than $1 EACH... I found these handsome felted snowman & snowman balls, for only 50¢ a piece!!! They were so adorable, I just couldn't help but snatch up every one I could find!!


Aren't they the *cutest* thing you've ever seen?! ~I am so in love!!  (haha!) The only thing I am trying to figure out is, we have a 6½ foot tree... and I only found a total of 18 snowballs, and 9 of the snowmen... so most likely I am going to need something to fill in the space.  Do I want to try to hit some of our other Targets in near us (we have two others, fairly close) to maybe find some more... or just try to fill in with other homemade ideas... ?

picture courtesy of : http://feltcafe.blogspot.com/2010/12/felt-ball-ornaments.html
One idea, is to try felting some wool balls (some links about it here, here) -- which is something I've been wanting to try, anyways-- into ornaments like these (in coordinating colors to the ones I got, of course)...

or try doing making some ornaments which are little more simplistic looking, like this...
  
http://www.megacrafty.com/2009/11/felted-snowflakes-and-snowmen.html
or this...


OR make/find ornaments that would be complementing, but not of the same style. ~ Like these...
What do you think?

 Oh,  on a separate, but similar note....  I absolutely LOVE this Felt Snowflake Garland idea!!! 

And check out this adorable felt "Magical Mistletoe" decoration!! 

Wow! Now I can't wait for next Christmas!! (only 351 more days!) - LoL!